(A new entry will be added every day that I play a game. So if I skip a day, that means that I probably didn’t play a game that day.)
[Play Log Format
System – Blank; Game – Blank; Progress Made – Blank; Completed – Blank]
System – GBC on 3DS VC; Game – Pokemon Yellow; Progress Made – Obtained 1st badge
Today was the day that Red, Blue, and Yellow was released on the virtual console on the 3DS eShop. I only had enough money to pick up one of the three, so I decided upon Yellow ( I will most likely pick up Red and Blue at a later time). I chose Yellow because,
- You obtain all three starters; Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle
- Aside from around fifteen to twenty Pokemon, you have the possibly to collect all 150 Pokemon (excluding Mew).
- The game follows the anime more closely and allows Pikachu to follow you around
- The game fixed quite a few bugs that appeared in Pokemon Red and Blue.
- The game has more color in it’s graphics than Red and Blue, and the sprites are reworked to look more like their anime counterparts
I am around 3 hours into the game and have obtained my first badge. I am slowly but surely making my way to Mt. Moon. I am really trying to take my time with the game and to have a team that is balanced type-wise, and fairly even in their level. I want to avoid over-leveling my Pokemon, as that would make the game insanely easy. As of this writing I have the following Pokemon in my party (I have also attached a screenshot of my party as well).
- Lv. 10 Pikachu nicknamed Pika
- Lv. 10 Butterfree
- Lv. 15 Pidgey nicknamed Birdy
- Lv. 9 Mankey nicknamed Bananas
- Lv. 9 Nidoran Male
- Lv. 9 Nidoran Female